Monday, May 28, 2007

Welcome to Adventures in Prospect Research

I cannot begin without addressing the question: why a prospect research blog? There have been a number of bloggers in our field: Steven Hupp, David Lamb and Sandra Larkin come to mind, not to mention the prspct-L listserve at Charity Channel and a large variety of books, training seminars and workshops and web sites.

My goal is to focus on two main areas:
1. How to acquire the skills and knowledge of a good researcher. (For an overview of what it takes to be a good researcher, see APRA's Skill Sets. They are invaluable guidelines).
2. How to make the most of a career in prospect research.

Both of these are questions I deal with on a regular basis; I look forward to playing with the answers in future posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, Deborah. I especially enjoyed your reviews/reminders of new publications.
Adele Nguyen
VIEWPOINT SCHOOL
Calabasas, California